1. Fish Where The Fish Are. 60% of internet users in the US are registered Facebook users. Facebook is the Walmart of social media; almost everybody goes there. Despite the fact that there are a few last hold outs, Facebook’s number of registered users continues to climb year over year and the engagement stats are stunning.
2. Consistently Reach More Potential & Existing Customers With Facebook. Facebook’s News Feed is not a ‘timeline’ of your circle’s posts. The order and frequency of posts that appear on your wall are based on Facebook’s “EdgeRank” algorithm. EdgeRank is determined based on several factors such as Affinity, Edge Weight, and Recency. A well run Facebook Page with a solid “EdgeRank” optimization strategy will keep your brand “top-of-mind” and your customers informed of every sale, incentive and latest product release. Here’s a great video that will help explain EdgeRank in more detail:
3. Built-in High Powered SEO. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube are powerful high-authority domains that typically appear in the top 10 results for a given brand or username. Choose your Usernames carefully! When I Google my name, my LinkedIn profile is the #1 result and my Facebook profile is #3.
4.Easily & Conveniently Solicit Valuable Consumer Insights. Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn offer an unprecedented platform to directly engage with your customers. Looking to improve your product or service? Why not ask your Facebook & LinkedIn followers for feedback? Developing a new product? Ask your followers what problem they would like you to solve for them! Teach your customers about your brand’s culture. Offer them exclusive coupons & incentives. Reach out to your brands most active followers and reward them! Reach out and encourage your customers to ask questions and offer feedback. Keep your fans & followers coming back for more!
5. Build Greater Awareness For Your Next Sale Or Contest. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube offer many apps and platforms for you to manage contests, sweepstakes and trivia games as well as offer exclusive give-aways and discounts. Encourage all customers to “like” your Fan Page and connect them with your latest & greatest deals. There is no better way to create “top-of-mind” awareness than to have your latest deal flash across a followers News Feed. Tip: Use Facebook “Events” to instantly invite your followers to take advantage of the big sale and let them know where, when and what time! This can save you some serious money and time by eliminating the hassle of creating email campaigns with the likes of Mailchimp & Constant Contact!
6. Monitor And Manage Your Online Reputation. Listen to what customers are saying about your brand! Use a platform like Hootesuite (FREE) to monitor what people are saying about you in real time. Respond positively to negative posts and comments. Reach out to an irate customer and try and make it right. More so, respond to negative reviews on sites like Yelp, Angie’s List and Google Places. It doesn’t matter whether the customer was right or wrong, all that matters is that potential customers see that you care enough to respond and try and rectify the situation. Hootesuite along with Google Alerts are a great place to start monitoring your brands reputation.
7. Build A Powerful Presence Loaded With Features, FOR FREE. Facebook is highly customizable and offers more custom functionality than you think. You can incorporate any myriad number of tabs into Facebook. That could include “About Us” tabs, Custom Events Tab, Video Tabs, you can even set up an eCommerce Tab on Facebook and sell products (check out the Pampers & Toy Story Fan Page). There are many easy-to-use applications that a mere novice can use to build a Facebook Fan Page that is highly functional. Search around for the features you want…there is bound to be a no-cost alternative to any solution you’re looking for.
8.Cheap Advertising And Easy-To-Use Interface Any Novice Can Use. Facebook cost-per-click advertising is cheaper than Google, Yahoo or Bing and converts much higher! Try setting up a “reveal gateway” that offers an exclusive coupon that will be revealed once a visitor “Likes” the page. In my hands-on experience, retail businesses (i.e. restaurants, boutiques, beauty shops) typically convert nearly 50% of clicks into “Fans” (likes)! Once a Fan “likes” your page, if your posts are well optimized for Facebook’s EdgeRank, your messaging will consistently get noticed by your followers. This is the most cost effective top-of-mind-awareness strategy that money can buy in the digital space! Facebook advertising is easy to use, offers many creative targeting options and in conjunction with the right set of incentives will be the best converting campaign you ever ran!
9. Mastering LinkedIn Pays Big Dividends. Become more active on LinkedIn: “In a recent study of over 5,000 businesses, HubSpot found that traffic from LinkedIn generated the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate at 2.74%, almost 3 times higher (277%) than both Twitter (.69%) and Facebook (.77%).” If you work in B2B or in an industry where it makes sense to leverage LinkedIn, do it! Take the direct approach, join groups, answer questions, and update your statuses regularly. Make connections and build a strong network of contacts. If you’re willing to take the initiative, it will pay off for you in the long run! (See below)
10.No Fuss No Muss Facebook Analytics! No messy code to install, no scratching your head, no dashboards to set up. You will be stunned by the robust information that Facebook provides about the visitors to your pages! Be sure and download the Full Report. It is worthwhile to really analyze your core demographic. The data can sometimes yield surprising information.